Thursday, February 19, 2009

Lousy Week

Remember how I said Thing Two was scheduled for surgery on Tuesday? We had waited FOUR MONTHS for the surgery to be scheduled. When we got the date, I told DH, "I have a feeling that something is going to happen and the surgery won't happen that day". Well, woman's intuition is always right. Thing Two was sick all weekend with a bug that has been going around here. And I just KNEW. Ugh. So on Monday, I called the surgeons office, who sent me to the pediatrician. The pediatrician said "You need to reschedule, he's too congested". Ugh. So we are rescheduled for the fourth week of March.

In the meantime, I'm still stitching. I've got all the Noah's Ark blocks done except for the Ark, which I hope to get done this weekend. Then I'm going to start with all the February blocks from the stitcheries I've gathered. I also need to make all those half square triangles for Judy L's Bears in The Farmhouse.

The other day I got an email from someone at our local newspaper. They have a section on their website where they link to local bloggers of interest and they post a link every time those bloggers have a new post. Apparently someone at the paper noticed my blog and they would like to link to me. Now I have to decide if I want to do that or not. Does anyone else's local paper do this?

5 comments:

Terry said...

I've nver heard of our paper doing that for bloggers. And while you're making your half square triangles for Judy's quilt, would you like to make mine too? I don't think I can do that many at one time! LOL

McIrish Annie said...

thats a new one on me! don't know if i would want my blog address so "out there"

hope your little Things are better soon!
post your noah's ark blocks. I love how the last one came out.

Chookyblue...... said...

I have not heard of a column like that.......don't think I would be happy for that to be out there.....different thing if it was a quilting mag etc as only the people of interest would be looking in that and you can be anywhere but linking local bloggers - people know your local then.....I would not do it........

Carol E. said...

I have only heard of neighborhood papers or special interest papers listing "blogs of interest", but not with links and new posts. That idea kind of creeps me out. Too public for my taste. Even though it's a very public thing by nature, I'm comfortable that most people don't have an interest unless they know me or like quilts. Just general everybodies peeking in? No, thanks.

DollZandThingZ said...

If it is the People's Press or the other two free papers that come in the mail, I would say no. If it were the Register, Courant or Record Journal, I would say yes--if you have work you sell since they have many readers and you could promote sales.

I have been in the People's Press twice but I don't think it is very well read and I see it piled up everywhere in stores.

That being said, I love your embroidery and recent quilts!