I haven't been posting, but I have been stitching. Life is very busy right now.
One thing I've been up to in my absence is getting a job. I have not had a job since I was pregnant with my 12 year old, and DH and I decided that this would be a good time to find a part time job. I am going to be working as a Residential Program Worker in a group home for developmentally disabled adults. There are four men living in the house and the deal is that I will be one of the people that helps them with the day to day tasks such as cooking, cleaning, personal care, driving them to doctors appointments and their day programs, participating in recreational activities with them, etc. I'm looking forward to starting, but first I need to finish up all the pre-employment stuff. I've been to a medical exam, drug test, physical test to see if I can lift, walk, carry, bend, etc. I'm working on getting my public service drivers license. I've been thru background tests, including being fingerprinted. I still need to complete classroom training, defensive driving class, CPR and first aid class, medication administration certification and some other stuff that I can't even remember. But I start training classes in less than two weeks. I think this job is going to be fun.
Earlier this week, Thing Two had surgery. He needed a lot of dental work and wouldn't cooperate with either of the dentists that we tried to use. So he had it all done under anesthesia, and we are relieved that it is over.
In the meantime, I'm trying to get stuff straightend out here at home so things can run smoothly while I am in training. I've also been to the accountant to work out the tax filing.
This little quilt (it is like 8X10) is from the Vermont Shop Hop. When we went to one of the shops, she gave us the little printed panel with the phrase on it along with the pattern for the little quilt. I made the strips slightly bigger. This is going to hang in my sewing room when I ever get it cleaned up. I'm going to make a couple more of these for some friends, but I'll probably embroider the phrase instead of using a printed one.
I finished my Noah's Ark project. I had a bit of a challenge getting the parts together. I must have cut something the wrong size along the way, but I solved the problem by adding a couple extra strips to make it all fit together. It looks kind of lumpy, and in a couple places it is, but thats because I refused to quilt thru the embroidery. In the end I'm very happy with how it came out...very cute! Thank you Lynnette!!
In addition to these things, I've been working on my Spring Swap (can't show it), pay it forward gifts (can't show those yet either) and a couple other little things that I'll share another day.