Monday, April 23, 2012

Pillowcase dresses

My guild's latest community service project is making pillowcase dresses for an organization called Dress A Girl Around The World.  The dresses are simple to make using the pattern found on the organizations webpage, but there are also lots of other cute tutorials out there in blogland for those who like to make something slightly different.  I purchased a beautiful shower curtain (it came from Target, according to the care label) at Goodwill and upcycled that fabric into three pillowcase dresses.  Instead of using purchased bias tape, I chose a fabric from my stash and made my own bias tape.  

These went together very quickly and they were easy to do, even for the non-garment sewer that I am.  I will definitely be making more of these in the near future.

3 comments:

The Patch Craft said...

fantastic idea will have to have a look at the site.

Vickie said...

well odne Tracey they look gorgeous,cheers Vickie

Technician 101 said...

One of the things that can cause a disparity in the average HVAC salary in Connecticut is the geographic placement of a person. HVAC Salary in CT