Monday, July 30, 2007

Crummy mood, but hope is just around the corner!



This is one of the 5 or 6 Contrary Wife quilts that I've done over the last year or so (I think this is the second completed one, I've since completed one more quilt and two or three more tops,all in different settings). My family has been loving these quilts and complaining that they have all been getting donated, so I've decided to make a queen/king size one for my own bed, with 7.5 inch blocks instead of 9 inch blocks. I've been working on the red triangles, other than that, no quilting is happening.

Things have been hectic here. Thing One is busy with her summer activities (dance camp, girl scout camp, dance classes, doctors appointments, etc), my Mom has been sick so I've not been getting my day off with no kids, and my house is a mess. I'm having problems with one of my cats peeing and pooping everywhere but the litter box and it is driving me nuts. I'm having problems with some things that need to be fixed around the house, and I'm just plain stressed. Plus I haven't been sleeping well at all for the last couple of weeks. Overall, I've just been plain miserable and not feeling like doing anything.

I'm just hoping that I can get in a better mood before next week...I'm going on what I hope will be a fun roadtrip! About 5 or 6 weeks ago, I saw an ad in a quilt magazine for the Minnesota Statewide Shop Hop, and I commented to DH about how big a deal it must be (88 shops!) and he blurted out that I should go, it would be fun. So hey, I'm no dummy...I'll take him up on an offer like that! LOL. Thing One and I are off to Minneapolis for a long weekend next week, and I'm getting excited about it. I'm not sure how many shops we'll get to, but it should be fun no matter what. It will be good for me to get away from here (and a break from Thing Two will do wonders for me, I think).

3 comments:

Mary Johnson said...

You'll have to tell me what your favorite shops are since I don't get out much! I'm sorry I'm going to miss you (I'll be in San Diego), it would have been fun to meet.

Hopefully things will settle down some at your house soon!

Sweet P said...

I just read about that Shop Hop and I'm so jealous. I grew up in Minnesota and wish I was going there next month.

Have you seen the fabric they have designed for it? It's gorgeous and I want some.

I hope your household settles down soon.

Patti said...

Good to see what you've been up to Tracey! I'm so glad I'm having time to read blogs again. I've really missed all of you!