Tuesday, July 17, 2007

Vermont Quilt Festival II

Here are a few more of the quilts that caught my eye at the Vermont Quilt Festival a few weeks ago.

This Civil War Sampler Quilt reminded me very much of the orphan block quilts I've been seeing on many of the blogs recently. Finn has been gathering pictures of this sort of quilt here if you are interested in joining in on the fun. I plan to play with my orphans soon (If I ever finish cleaning the sewing room/classroom/familyroom/playroom




I loved this antique quilt, such fun! This is one of those quilts where you wish you could go back in time and speak to the quiltmaker and ask her "WHY did you do that?" Its a good reminder to me that different is good, you don't have to do matchy matchy stuff, and to have more fun!



I admired this one for a long time. I like the pattern a lot, but the colors really make it sing. At first I thought there was curved piecing in the stars, but there isn't. Its pretty neat.



This is made of all tiny squares. Every time I walked by this one, there was a crowd gathered looking at it. I believe this was the quiltmakers first quilt!! I wish I knew where my show book went to check the description again.



This one is another made of all tiny squares. Thing One was also very impressed with this one, both because of the tiny squares and also because she was so surprised that it doesn't look like a picture up close, but from far away it does.

1 comment:

dot said...

Great pictures. Thanks for sharing.