Tuesday, September 09, 2008

Bullseyes

Great.
Thing Two was complaining that his arm hurt. He had a couple of bug bites (I assumed) and a big lump on his arm below his elbow. He told me that he fell of the kitchen counter stool a couple of days ago, so we thought maybe he broke his arm or something (he screamed when we touched his arm). So we went off to the ER (I would have gone to the pediatrican, but we were in Vermont at the time).
While we were sitting in the waiting room (for hours), I noticed that his arm looked like this

Hmmm...those look like bullseye rashes. Uh oh, any one who lives in New England knows that likely means Lyme Disease.
We've done a blood test, but waiting for results until tomorrow night. Thursday we go to the pediatrician here at home for a follow up, and we assume that he'll be on antibiotics.
In the meantime I'm educating myself about Lyme Disease, and hoping that the doctor will give us some
answer. IfI'm not here for a few days its because I'm trying to get Thing Two to take an antibiotic. I know that isn't going to be fun.

4 comments:

BitnByAQuiltingBug said...

Hang in there! I'll be keeping you both in my thoughts and prayers.
Regina

Tonya Ricucci said...

oh dear. geeze, I'd be in trouble, those just look like mosquito bites to me. I scratch and scratch and they swell.... good thing you know what you're doing. good luck.

Donna said...

hope the pain is manageable and the antibiotics kick in quickly...

Marilyn Robertson said...

Oh no! Not fun at all! You and Thing Two are in my thoughts and prayers!