Wednesday, May 16, 2007

I'm doing something BY HAND!


Okay, so it is an oddity, but it does sometimes happen. I'm working on a little project for one of my guild challenges. The theme is WINTER, and we are supposed to do something that either reminds us of winter, something we like about winter, or somewhere we would like to be in the winter. Hmmm... I decided that I should do something small because I really should be working on UFOs or something rather than starting a new proect for the challenge. Well, I found some little applique/stitchery blockes on Pat Sloan's website. As you can see from the picture, I haven't gotten very far, but getting started was the biggest hurdle...this should go fast. I have used regular crayons to color the design (no applique here, it needs to be done this century). I will be embroidering the black lines in DMC embroidery floss to finish the block. After that, I think I'm going to make it into a journal cover or a photo album cover. Thats something I've wanted to try anyway, so I figured that would be a good thing to do. This challenge project needs to be finished for the end of June.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Thanks for dropping by to my blog - I love the bears in your last post - they remind me of the decorated bears in Berlin - the first quilt you showed is my favourite - I love the nine patch rose garland effect border - I'll have to squirrel that idea away for future reference