Sunday, May 20, 2007

Quilting Weekend Getaway

Hmm...my post disappeared, so I'll do it again.

I just got home a couple of hours ago from a fun quilting getaway. Ten of us spent the weekend in Vermont sewing, shopping and eating (too much) and having a good time. Jane, Mia and I all went together...We left on Friday morning and stopped first at Yankee Candle's flagship store in South Deerfield, MA. After buying a bunch of candles, we ate lunch at Chandler's Restaurant there at Yankee Candle. Then we headed nort to Wilmington, Vermont where we shopped at The Norton House. Once we arrived in Chester, Vermont, we checked into our rooms at The Fullerton Inn, we headed over to Country Treasures and unpacked our machines and we began sewing and shopping. On Saturday morning, Sue from Country Treasures taught us a class based on Nancy Johnson Srebros book "Stars By Magic". This is what the quilt would look like:



Of course, I never follow the instructions and I made these instead: (12" instead of 18" and not including the log cabins) to dontate to a block lotto for charity quilts. I will however make another quilt with the lone star done in the technique.





I also made this top:




Then I started working on the Wickedly Easy Quilt with a new bundle of fabrics that I bought yesterday. No pictures yet...the blocks are done, but I need to play wih them on my design wall before the top is assembled.



Now, about the project we were working on: I made only the lone stars and didn't assemble the blocks into anything. Several of the ladies made the lone star, and the first round of borders for a table runner (a couple of them even got it quilted and bound!!!). One or two went with a lap size, a couple with a twin size, and Pat bravely worked on a Queen size! Everyone except me went home with either a finished top or a big start on the top. Here are some pictures of everyone elses projects. My apologies to Jane. For some reason, I never got a picture of her top, but I will get it at guild and add the picture then!







No comments: