Monday, April 30, 2007

Guild Challenge

Every year, my guild has multiple challenges. The thinking is that with several choices, more people will be encouraged to participate. The problem is that I always feel like I have to do ALL of them. LOL. This year we have 4 challenges:

UFO Challenge: Finish any quilt that you have not previously shown at one of our meetings. That one shouldn't be too much of a stretch.

Friendship Circles Challenge: Make any quilt (or quilty thing) that has circles on it. Circles can be the quilting design, the pattern of the piecing or applique, the fabric, the shape of the quilt, whatever. I have a bullseye quilt in my UFO pile, I'm going to try to finish that for the circle challenge.

Winter Challenge: Make something that either reminds you of winter, or shows what you like to do or where you would like to be in the winter (if I wish I were on the beach, I could do a beach theme quilt, I suppose). I have an idea for this involving coloring and redwork, but I haven't started it yet.

Cheater Quilt Challenge - using any 'cheater' fabric, we are to make a quilt. The only guidelines are that just ading a border to panel is not enough. This is the challenge that I am currently working on. Ann from the Sunshine Quilts list shared a toy block fabric and challenged us to use it to make quilts to donate to either Wrap Them in Love or Wrap A Smile. I figured that I might as well kill two birds with one stone, so I'm going to do this. Here are my fabric choices:




Here are the blocks. Now I need to work on finishing the top.

2 comments:

Nancy said...

I love what you're doing with your challenge quilt. This will make such a sweet quilt when it's done.

Carol E. said...

Nice! I love this "cheater" quilt.