Sunday, April 08, 2007

My afghan



I finally finished weaving all those ends into my afghan! If you are a knitter or a crocheter, please don't enlarge the picture and look to closely! LOL. My edges are very wobbly, apparently I kept messing up the number of stitches at the ends of the rows so it gets wider and narrower all over the place. I also didn't know that I was not supposed to just knot the new yarn color to the one I was running out of, so the joins are pretty ugly in spots. But still, I am very happy with it. It is huge and comfy, warm and very colorful. The next time will be better technically, but this makes me happy anyway.

I guess it is like my quilting mantra: I do this for fun, not perfection. I do it for the joy of creating and I'm not worried about those mismatched points, wobbbly seams, uneven stitches or whatever. I'm having fun doing it, it keeps me out of trouble and it helps keep me sane.

This coming week is the craziest, most insane, most stressful and most fun week of teh year for my family: Dance recital week. This is Thing One's 8th year of dance, Hubby is dancing as well, this is his fifth year. Our studio is the biggest in the area, I think, with over 500 studios. This year is pretty awesome because it is the 50th year of the studio (the original owner's daughter now runs it, and the owner's child is in Thing One's classes). We have dress rehersals on Monday, Wednesday and Thursday. The shows are on Friday night and Saturday...on Saturday we have a morning show, a matine and an evening show. It is so much fun but by the end of the week I will be totally wiped out. I'll try to hop online and share a photo or two during the week. Needless to say, no quilting will be accomplished this week.

No comments: