Wednesday, April 04, 2007

Carrot Sticks

Thing Two and I took off for a few days, I figured it would be a good chance for me to sew, which I haven't had much time for lately. I took a number of projects with me, and I worked on several, but didn't accomplish as much as I wanted to. The big thing that I did get completed, I am really happy with.

I started hearing about a table runner about two weeks ago while I was reading the emails on Pat Sloan's Yahoo Group. It was a cute carrot shaped table runner. Too cute. So I went over to the All People Quilt website to find the pattern. Somehow I couldn't manage to find my little orange stash that I purchased back in October for a halloween wallhanging, so I bought these



I started cutting and sewing the strips for this, and I realized that I had cut way too many strips. So I just kept sewing and sewing and before long I had three adorable table runners. One for me, one for my Mom and one for my MIL. I think that I actually did the pleats on the tops incorrectly, but I'm happy with them the way they are.



This is the one I'm keeping for myself because it is my favorite combination of the green tops

6 comments:

Linda C said...

Tracey, this is adorable!! And the colors you picked out are just perfect for the project.

I bet you could do a chili pepper thing too--reds or greens??

Carol E. said...

I love these carrots!

Kim said...

How cute! Wouldn't they make cute placemats too? My home doesn't really go very well with the pastels of Easter, but I bet carrots would fit right in! Thanks for sharing this!

MARCIE said...

Really cute Tracey! I haven't seen those before.Fun assortment of orange patterns. Isn't it fun to get on a roll and get a couple gifts made while you are at it?

May Britt said...

Love your carrots !! These would do nice as placemats too.

Cher said...

these are adorable!