Thursday, November 29, 2007

Another losing Battle: Bernina vs. Tracey


I'm 0 for 2 now. After the iron defeated me last night, today the Sewing machine decided to beat on me as well.

I did manage to finish sewing one of the surprise projects, and I'm very pleased with it. Then I went back to the project that I have made multiple mistakes on over the last two weeks. I figured out the problem I was having, and started to fix it, then my machine decided to start vomiting thread loops all over the place. Great. I can switch to another color thread and the machine will work fine. But I need to use that particular color thread.

My machine needs to be serviced, obviously. But why does it only ever act up when I'm up against a deadline?? Sigh.

Later tonight, I'll muster the strength to go back into the sewing room and hunt down another spool that color thread, keep my fingers crossed and try to finish my project, because it has to be mailed by Saturday.

But, barring that, I've got a backup plan (start a new project, fabrics and design are already picked out) which I'll implement tomorrow.

DH says its my own fault for procrastinating for so long. What is he talking about? The deadline is still 2 1/2 days away?? :-)

2 comments:

Teri said...

Before giving up completely on your project please try adjusting the tension on the top. Try lowering the tension. As you're lowering the tension make sure to reset the machine by turning it off or by re-threading and making sure the presser foot is up. If the thread is looping crazily while the tension is way down then try raising the tension. The other thing to try is rewinding the bobbin. Or change the needle size. I've found if the needle size doesn't fit the thread properly I'll get those crazy loopy things.

Happy Quilting!
Teri

Khris said...

Procrastinate is my middle name I think Tracey. That made me laugh reading how your hubby said that.
LOL...be strong. Move on. Hugs,
Khris