Tuesday, November 20, 2007

Gobble, Gobble, Gobble!


So I'm going to be away from the computer for a few days...I need to start cooking, cleaning and shopping!

I'm having 7 people all together for Thanksgiving. I am the grudging hostess...I'm not a huge fan of Thanksgiving or the whole Turkey Dinner. I've also got 4 very picky eaters among the 7 guests, so I feel like I'm just wasting my time with all the preparations and cooking. For example, I know that Thing One will eat rolls, pie, cranberry sauce and olives. Thing Two will eat the rolls and the pumpkin pie.
It's a lot of work and a lot of coordination for a dinner that seems like a waste of effort.

Oh, and Thing One is sick. Which means that by Thursday, Thing Two will probably also be sick.

At least I get to go shopping on Friday! Unlike most people, I LOVE going out shopping early in the morning on Black Friday. I really don't have any shopping that needs to be done, maybe I'll buy myself a new digital camera. Other than that, I just go out and enjoy the crowds, seeing the frenzy and maybe picking up a few unexpected bargains for myself.

Sigh. No quilting happened at all this week. I need to work on my Christmas Swap and something else that I am working on to send out next week. I'll post pictures of those things when I can. Mums the word on those for the time being.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Have a happy thanksgiving, shopping day! Hopefully, some quilting will get done over the weekend. That is my plan.

Finn said...

Hi Tracey, hope the dinner was s success, and that the shopping trip was all that you wanted and needed.
It's now Sunday night, time to jump back into the regular routine *VBS* Hugs, Finn