Wednesday, April 23, 2008

Long Overdue Update


Hello People! I've been enjoying the wonderful weather that we have been having here in Connecticut the last week or so. My Forsythias are blooming in full force and looking great. This picture was taken one day before they really got bright and gorgeous. Of course with everything blooming like crazy now, Thing Two is suffering terribly from his allergies, and the worst (the oaks) have not started to cause the worst of his misery yet.

On the quilting front, I received my gorgeous Four Seasons Doll Quilt Swappackage from Sharon recently. Thank you so much for the wonderful package, Sharon!!! Not only did I get this lovely quilt, but she also sent an adorable pincushion and a lovely fat quarter and a fabulous book that I had actually been searching for since one of the Norwegian quilters had mentioned it...perfect choice!



As far as the quilt I am sending for the Four Seasons Doll Quilt Swap, the top is finished and I am ready to quilt it, but I am OUT of batting!! Well, I have the yukky polyester kind, but a doll quilt needs a thing batting, so I need to go shopping tomorrow!

I've been picking around the edges at lots of unfinished projects, nothing is finished but several things have seen noticable progress.

*I trimmed some log cabin blocks in an effort to get that project moving forward (80 blocks needing to be assembled into a top).

*I made a few dozen crumb blocks in an effort to use up some scraps during the stressful recital week when I needed something totally mindless to sew.

* I have been working on my pay it forward gifts (one is finished, the second is nearing completion, and the third is lost somewhere in the mess of my sewing room).

*I finished a bunch more hats (31!) for the NICU while watching movies with my husband.

* My Scrappy Bargello is almost together, but still waiting for borders.

1 comment:

PAMTASTIC! said...

nice haul! ;) oh and sew pretty homestyle is my all time fav....you lucky girl!