Wednesday, January 21, 2009

Progress

As I mentioned last time, I've been working on this and that as the mood strikes me. I decided that this year I'm going to do what I want, when I want and I'm going to try not to stress myself out with too many obligations. LOL. I say that every year.
Speaking of that, I signed up for a Christmas in July Swap hosted by Karen, check it out if you might be interested.

I've got most of a top completed, it just needs borders, which I have picked out. This is theStreak of Sunshine pattern from Quiltville.


This bag was part of my Aunt Mia's Christmas/Birthday gift (but it was not done in time, oh well). She was happy with it, and so was I. The pattern is from MayBritt . I've made this bag several times already, and I'm sure that I will make it several more times.


The next thing I've been working on is a pattern called Cheese and Crackers by Terry Atkinson. I've got the blocks done and the borders are finished, I just need to sew all the sections together. At least a year ago, I cut all the parts for this quilt and made a little kit. When I was recently looking for something to sew without doing a lot of prep work, I just grabbed the bag and started sewing. The picture here is just a section of the border, a sneak peek.


Finally, this is the top for my guild's All Solids Challenge, which is due next week. Since I took this picture, I totally finished this quilt, but I never got a picture of the finished product, so for today you will only get to see the top. I had planned to donate this to the guild's community service project, but everyone in my house has decided that we should keep it for ourselves. (I guess this means I better hurry up and finish that Streak of Sunshine Quilt to donate that one instead!).


2 comments:

Melanie said...

Hey-- is the bag hard to make? I'm looking for a gift bag to go with my stitchery. Is the bottom a separate piece connecting to the top or is there a seam where the side make up the bottom? Love the angel...

jovaliquilts said...

I love your solids quilt! So simple yet so striking. No wonder your family wants to keep it!