Wednesday, January 10, 2007

2007 off to a slow start

So 2007 has gotten off to a very slow start for me. I haven't accomplished much outside of my quilting life so far this year. My mom has been hospitalized for a heart attack, but thankfully she is doing well and came home from the hospital today. I haven't been blogging because I've actually been quilting!

Last weekend was productive, quilting wise. I made a string pieced top for the Heartstrings Quilt project (though mine at 40X60 is smaller than the size they suggested, but it works for where I am going to donate it) I machine quilted one of my Contrary Wife quilts, I made 6 pillowcases and I made 90 4 patch blocks.

In the last couple days I've been working on turning those 4 patches into double four patch blocks.

No pictures today, I'm too lazy to go out to the car and get my camera. Besides, the tree service guys are next door taking down a couple trees and I don't want to get in their way.

2 comments:

Tonya Ricucci said...

sorry to hear about your mom's scare, but that's excellent that she's doing well. Congrats on working on the quilts - wonderful to have time to play. Enjoy making your parts!

Joyce said...

I am waiting to see what turns up in your parts department. Too bad you are so far away or we could share the fun of putting them together. I have to get more black and white too. I want some stripes and bold designs.
I hope your mother continues to do well.