Thursday, January 25, 2007

More hats

I didn't do any quilting again this week. I did manage to cut pieces for two quilts that will be going to my guild's community service project, but no sewing at all.

I did manage to knit 18 more hats on my knifty knitter looms. Back during the Christmas vacation week I made a whole mess of hats from some donated yarn and decided that it would be neat to make 100 of them and donate them 'somewhere'. Then last week, on the Friends of PineRidge yahoo group, someone threw out a challenge for people to donate 100 of some item to a group on the reservation...well, there it was, a home for 100 hats. Perfect. I've now got about 60 finished. I've been having a blast making them, and it is absolutely mindless, great for watching movies and tv shows. Even Thing One has made a couple hats. I know some 'real' knitters might sneer at the Knifty Knitter looms, but hey, it works for me :-)

My goal for this weekend is to bind my double four patch quilt.

2 comments:

ForestJane said...

My mom has one of those knifty knitters and loves it... :)

She makes hats for the local cancer clinic, they give them away to people who lose their hair due to the effects of their treatments.

Carol E. said...

Wow! You can really churn out the hats. I have one of those, too, but I get bored and it takes me ages to finish just one. The "ugly" quilt I mentioned on my blog is ugly blocks of red, white, & blue. Ugly lighthouse, ugly anchor, mediocre sailboat. I didn't even take a picture, but maybe i can get a photo of it hanging at the silent auction.