Tuesday, February 12, 2008

7 Things abut me

So I've been tagged twice, and I am supposed to tell seven things about myself. Apparently, these are the rules:
THE RULES:
1. Once you are tagged, link back to the person who tagged you.
2. Post THE RULES on your blog.
3. Post 7 weird or random facts about yourself on your blog.
4. Tag 7 people and link to them.
5. Comment on their blog to let them know they have been tagged.

As usual, I'm not going to follow the rules! I'm jsut going to post my 7 things, and leave it at that :-)


Here goes:

1. During my Junior Year of High School, I was a Rotary Exchange Student in Quito, Ecuador. I lived with two different host families, and I attended Colegio de La Inmaculada, a Catholic prek-12 all girls school. I celebrated myt 16th birthday while I was there.

2. I always wear socks. I HATE being barefoot or wearing shoes without socks. I even wear socks in the heat of summer and at night while I sleep. I often joke around that if I could find a way to comfortably wear socks while swimming or showering, I would. My children on the other hand both hate socks.

3. I eat scrambled eggs or fried eggs with ketchup on them.

4. I have two younger brothers.

5. Some of the jobs I've had: working at my parent;s flower shop, cashier at the grocery store, working in a fabric store, substitute teacher, head teacher of a before/after school program, teller supervisor in a bank, work at 7Eleven.

6. My favorite movie of all time is The Princess Bride.

7. 30 years ago last week, (when I was in 5th grade) I was hit by a pickup truck while crossing the street on my way to my piano lesson. There had been a HUGE blizzard a couple days before, and the huge snowbanks prevented the pickup truck from seeing me, and vice versa. My Dad saw the truck hit me in the rear view mirror. I hit my head on the hood ornament and sliced my forehead open and was unconsious for a couple of hours. A bunch of stitches, one night in the hospital for observation and a few days of recovering from all the bumps and bruises and I was fine. However, crossing the street still scares the hell out of me.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

So glad to know a little more about you. I'm glad you recovered physically from being hit, but I know that some fears stay with you forever.

McIrish Annie said...

I love eggs and ketchup too! Glad my little bundle made it to you safely. Hope you can make use of those fabrics!

I traveled to Hartford this AM and it is terrible out! stay in if you can!