Tuesday, February 26, 2008

Finally better



Thanks to everyone who sent well wishes for my sick children! This past week certainly was a miserable one around here: not only were both children ill, but so was I. I don't get sick that often, but when I do, oh boy! My poor DH had all three of us to take care of for about four days, and thank goodness he was well enough to step up and deal with things because I sure wasn't! Finally today I am feelin more normal, though I am still quite congested and coughing a lot.

Yesterday, Thing One had her tooth extracted, and she was a real trooper about it. Almost no complaints of pain or anything, though she did sleep on the couch for a few hours yesterday afternoon (which she NEVER does).

Hopefully now I can dig my way out from the mountain of laundry, mail, dirty dishes and assorted other stuff that has piled up over the last week and return to normalcy very soon!

I DID manage to do a bit of sewing early last week before I ended up sick. I made my February bag for the British Quilt List on Yahoo. I did change it up a little bit, and I am very pleased with my bag. The changes I made: I pieced the body of the bag instead of making it all one fabric, I made the handles MUCH longer that the pattern called for (I cut them 40" instead of like 16") because handles that I too short for me to carry over my shoulder drive me crazy, I fused a heart on the front of the bag (the pattern called for dimensional hearts on the bag) and instead of putting batting in the handles, I covered some nylon webbing with the bag fabric.

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

Glad to hear that you are all on the mend. Your bag is very cute. The pieced body and longer handles are good ideas.

McIrish Annie said...

This is a cute bag! I love the black and white with the pink. Glad to hear everyone is on the mend.

Unknown said...

Sorry to hear that you were all sick, but glad to hear you are better. I guess hubby escaped illness? I love the bag you made very pretty.

Marilyn Robertson said...

Glad to hear that all are better at your house! The bag is so cute! The longer handles can be so handy, that was a wise thing to change.

Tonya Ricucci said...

Glad you're feeling better - boy I don't envy you all that catch up work. love the fabrics in your bag.

Chookyblue...... said...

great bag

Carol E. said...

Very cool bag! Glad you're on the mend.