Sunday, February 17, 2008

Race Day



Today is the Daytona 500. In my house, this is a day nearly equivalent to Christmas in the amount of anticipation that builds up beforehand. Then tension has been building, the Sirius radio has been on nonstop during speedweeks, the cars have been analyzed, and today is the day! My husband is in his glory. I need to run to the store and buy the appropriate race day food (Roast beef is the Daytona 500 tradition here) and then I'm going to go into the sewing room and hide.

I do admit I love to watch the races, too. But not all the radio stuff, prerace shows, hours of analysis, etc. And now it is just too hard to watch with the kids bouncing around here too. Nah, today I'll go finish cleaning the mess in the sewing room. I've got a new set of shelves to assemble, more organizing to do and that vest for the dance recital is hanging over me...picture day is in two weeks and the vests need to be finished by then.

1 comment:

Idaho Quilter said...

Quilting and Nascar, a good combo for me too.