Thursday, February 07, 2008

Messy Studio, Stash Enhancement, Bargello Progress

I've been running around like a mad woman this week. So much to do...and I want to sew, but everything is getting in the way.
Thing One has an abcessed tooth. The poor thing is in a lot of pain. We've got an appointment with the oral surgeon, but that is almost two weeks away. In the meantime, the orthodontist needs to see her too. Poor kid.
I just got the schedule for the rest of the dance studio calendar...We've got dance studio 'stuff' every weekend except for one between now and the recital (in Mid-April): rehersals for the Nutcracker Production, rehersals for the opening, rehersals for the moms and kids dance, formal portraits for the program book, etc. Sigh. I'm going to be very, very busy.
Let's see, what else. Oh, I need to sew two vests and bowties for DH's dance recital costumes. The guys always get left out in the costum department, and we have to figure out something that matches with the ladies. Since they know I sew, I usually make Hubby's. I need to do a red sparkly vest and an orangey one. So I had to get myself to the fabric store and buy the gross sparkly slippery fabric and a pattern. I got lucky and found some gross stuff the perfect color, and it was on sale for only $2.39 per yard! I can't buy the fabric for the orangey/copper vest yet because Thing One's costume for that dance isn't here yet, and I don't dare try to coordinate blindly. So while I was at the fabric store, I just HAD to look around. Here is what jumped in the cart and came home with me. All those pieces are 1 yard each. The brights are fat quarters, the roll of pinks are fat 8ths. I also got a yard of white Kona Cotton for an embroidery project as well as the red fabric for DH's vest, the black lining fabric for the vest, interfacing for the vest, the vest pattern and some thread


I did manage to clear the layers of projects off my design wall, and stick the scrappy bargello up there. Here is what it looks like at the moment. I might move the panels around in a different order, but this gives a pretty good idea of how it will look.

Finally, I have to say that if you don't see me for a day or two, send a serch party...I have to dive into cleaning the HUGE mess in the studio. In case you wonder how bad could it really be? Here is the cutting area. It might be a while before I finish.

10 comments:

McIrish Annie said...

I really like how that bargello is coming out! You are a busy gal! Also, I see that you bought your machine from Warren, He is a doll!! I have bought 4 machines from him and have never been disappointed.

I've been looking through your blog to get an idea of the fabric you like. Looks like you love everything!! Your surprise is going into the mail tomorrow!!

SandyQuilts said...

Tracey love your bargello. Last year I had to make sparkle penquin dance costumes (I need to put them on my blog). They turned out adorable.

You have been tagged, please see my blog for details ....

Unknown said...

Wow...you are busy!! Although you were able to find some nice fabrics during your shopping trip. I love the scrappy bargello and can't wait to see it finished. Good luck on your cleaning and organization, I need to do a little of that myself.

MARCIE said...

Your bargello is turning out great! Not so many seams to match...lol!

Tonya Ricucci said...

I can still see counter space - that doesn't look all that messy to me. Just an average day... A creative mind is seldom tidy. Words to live by. That bargello is looking really fun.

Tanya said...

Your bargello is so colorful! What a lovely room brightener it is going to be!

Liked that ECO bag you made too. Use it well!

Linda C said...

Love how your bargello is turning out. Norma at silverthimble quilting and I started one last weekend but both of us had to set them aside during the week. We plan to be back at it again this Sunday.

I love how the scrappy trips that Dawn and Marcie are doing and almost wish I had tried that instead but I still have a ton of strips to use to try THAT one out.

Never any shortage of ideas out there.

Marilyn Robertson said...

What? Are quilting studios supposed to be neat and tidy? If so, I am in big trouble! Your bargello is looking great!

Carol E. said...

Love your bargello. And your cutting area looks pretty neat. I don't even dare photograph mine.

Lisa said...

The bargello is coming together well isn't it. Maybe you could make a dozen or so more and use up some of the fabric on the counter. Although you do have to be careful - if you expose the surface of the counter to too much light it might fade - LOL