Thursday, January 24, 2008

I am NOT a happy camper

Today I picked up my new 6600. I got home, set it up and started
sewing. I decided to just wind a couple bobbins, thread it and sew
some lines of stitches to play with it. I sewed straight, zig zag
and a few decorative stitches, I started figuring out how to use the
thread cutter, the modes to select stitches etc.

After about 20 minutes, all of a sudden the needle started bump-bump-
bump sounds and the LCD screen said "STOP FOR SAFETY REASONS". I
stopped, waited a bit, turned the machine off, waited, turned it back
on and the same thing happened. Hmm...the manual made me think there
was thread caught in the hook and race, so I took the plate off,
bobbin out, etc. to clean it. No thread.

Turn the machine back on, and the same thing happened. Then the LCD
screen said E5 ERRROR. According to the manual, "The machine is out
of order due to a problem in the control Circuit" " Contact the
service center or the store from whom the machine was purchased".

Lovely. 20 minutes of sewing and I need to start taking advantage of
my free service.

I am NOT happy.

11 comments:

Chookyblue...... said...

I wouldn't be a happy camper either..........very disappointing........

comicbooklady said...

that sucks! I hope it's a quick fix and you don't have to wait for replacement!

Donna said...

hope the machine isn't lemon yellow....

dot said...

Oh I am unhappy for you also. Maybe when it is fixed that will be the end of it. Keep an optimistic mindset.

swooze said...

I am on the 6500 group with you. I had issues and found my thread catching on the spool. I would completely unthread and rethread top and bottom. I have to use the spool caps a lot to keep the thread from catching. Hope you get it resolved quickly and easily.

Cheryl said...

Wow, that's not good! Hopefully they can get to the bottom of it quickly so you can get back to some happy sewing :-)!

Evelyn aka Starfishy said...

Maybe since the machine is brand new they will swap it with another new machine for you... My Janome 9000 boards went after 10 years and the repair estimate is $800 and now my Janome 3050 seems to be on the fritz too (4 years old). My next machine will probably be an old Kenmore from the 1970's with NO electronic boards in sight!!! Good luck - I hope that this is resolved for you very quickly.

Cheers!

Evelyn

Tonya Ricucci said...

ugh - good luck getting that sorted.

Alycia~Quiltygirl said...

ewww thats not a good way to start a relationship with a machine! Hope things get fixed and better fast!

Vickie E said...

hmm that is not good to hear. I just got the 6600 a week ago. Now I am afraid! can I ask, what did you pay for yours? I am wondering if I paid a decent price.
thanks,
Vickie

Elaine Adair said...

What happened/was resolved with your new 6600? Your followup post doesn't mention it?