Monday, January 21, 2008

New Machine


Well I did it. Today I went out and bought my new machine! Now I just have to wait until Wed. to pick it up...the dealer sold his last one on Saturday and needs to order it. Because today is a holiday, the overnight delivery won't come until Wednesday. Bahh...I want it yesterday! LOL.
After looking at a few things and visiting a couple of dealers, I decided to buy the Janome 6600. Of course Janome is one of the few brands that 'my' sewing machine dealer doesn't sell, but a bunch of my friends have bought their machines from Warren so I feel conident that he will be a good go-to guy for my new machine.
I got a good price, and he threw in a rolling tote case for the machine and five years of free service. I can bring the machine in for cleaning, adjustment and repair as many times as I want for five whole years (and we all know how much a regular cleaning and tune up costs!), for no charge, and I even get free parts. He also says I can get as many one-on-one lessons as I want or need.
Now I am on cloud nine, and I am looking forward to a lot of sewing later this week!!

7 comments:

Melanie said...

Congrats on the new machine--- Good for you...

Cher said...

I have this machine-I like it a lot, however my dealer had a teacher who knew next to nothing about it! major bummer! Sounds like you got a wonderful deal with 5 years of service etc. I am sure you are going to love it and it quilts great too.

Dorothy said...

vroom, vroooooom! Bet you can't wait to take it out and run it around the block. Lucky girl. :o)

Unknown said...

I hope you enjoy your Janome 6600 as much as I'm enjoying mine. I didn't get quite the deal you did, though. I bought mine at Festival in Houston and do not have anyone nearby to service it. Will have to travel to get it done. Oh well..it's worth it!

Tanya said...

Yeah! Now that is exciting news! Looking forward to seeing it at work! What is your first project going to be?

Carol E. said...

Ooooh! Have fun! We want to hear all about it once you get to know your new machine.

Quilterin said...

A very good decision!!
I also have the Janome 6600 and I LOVE IT!
A ´wonderful sewing maschine!