Thursday, November 23, 2006

And on a quilty note....



Last week I pieced this top from donated blocks. I decided not to think about them too much and not fuss with them on the design wall for long. I slapped them up there and moved them around for about three minutes then sewed. I gave myself about 3 mintues to look for a border fabric and found this one, which was long enough for a border, backing and binding. Its not necessarily a great choice, but it works. Finished is better than perfect. I hope to quilt it this weekend.

I also managed to bind 4 quilts in my pile. Only another 8 or 10 to go! I need to get the bindings machine stitched on so that when I'm sitting and watching tv I can just hand tack the back part of it down. I've tried doing it with a zigzag by machine but I'm just never happy with it done that way.

Sorry for all the multiple posts, but I'm still trying to figure out Picasa and how to upload in Blogger, how to use the picture software and all this stuff. I'm starting to get the hang of it a little. Another 5 years or so, and I might have a half a clue! ;)

1 comment:

Tonya Ricucci said...

The top looks just fine as is, no need to stress about it whatsoever. You are right, finished is better.