Friday, November 03, 2006

November



Long weekend here, kids in our town have Monday and Tuesday off for teacher workshops and election day, then they have Friday off for Veterans day. Short week for them.

And here it is, finally:



This is the August (September?) Hour a Day challenge, in a smaller size. I'm still debating about if I should keep it or donate it. I am very pleased with how it came out. Thanks, Judy, for the idea and the pattern.

I didn't do any quilting today, running around dealing with my poor sick Kitty, Donyell. He is 14 years old and has hyperthyroid. In two weeks he'll be getting a radioactive injection that will almost certainly fix the problem.

My quilting project for this weekend is to embroider a block for a local community quilt. It needs to be a celestial theme, so I am going to do a moon and stars. The quilt will be donated to a person whose life is affected by AIDS. Hopefully I'll be able to get a picture of the completed quilt when it is on display after December 1st.

Beyond that, I need to work on the 12 quilts that need bindings.

2 comments:

Tracey in CT said...

OH! I'm so excited that it finally worked! I uploaded a picture!

Hedgehog said...

Love your Lincoln's Platform! Have a great weekend.